Welcome to the Dunedin Film Society's 2017 season of classic and contemporary cinema from across New Zealand and around the world.
- Exciting cinema that pushes the boundaries
- See films you may never have heard of - you'll be surprised how much you enjoy them
- Weekly screenings that give you time to reflect
- Exceptional value - a full membership subscription works out to less than $3 a film (there is no additional admission fee)
- Great discounts at local cinemas (Rialto and Metro), and the 2017 New Zealand International Film Festival (Dunedin 10-27 August.
Opening Night: Wednesday 1 March, 7.30pm
Kore-eda Hirokazu│Japan│2015│128 mins│HD│PG
“Adapted from the bestselling serialized manga Umimachi Diary, the new film from Japanese master Hirokazu Kore-eda (Like Father, Like Son) is a deeply affecting drama about a fractured, all-female family. After their estranged father's death, three twenty-something sisters discover that they have a teenaged step-sibling whom they had never known of. Taking the shy young girl into their shared home, the sisters find their long-suppressed memories of their unhappy childhood stirred — and the painful past becomes fully present once more when the mother who had abandoned them suddenly reappears after 15 years.”- Toronto International Film Festival